Finance and Commercial Business Partner
The Design Council is looking for a Finance and Commercial Business Partner. Design Council is a charity and is recognised as a leading authority on the use of strategic design. We use design as a strategic tool to tackle major societal challenges, drive economic growth and innovation, and improve the quality of the built environment. Our approach is people-centred and enables the delivery of positive social, environmental and economic change. We address all aspects of design including product, service, user experience and design in the built environment. We are the UK government's adviser on design.
The Finance and Commercial Business Partner will focus on ensuring that Design Council has a high quality management accounting and business partnering process.
The role is central to Design Council's business development and programme management functions. Design Council is at an exciting point in its journey. In recent years, Design Council has established a portfolio of new paid for services. The income from these services has supplemented reductions in government funding. Design Council's goal is to continue to scale these services to ensure the long-term sustainability of Design Council.
Does this sound like you?
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- At least 3 years' hands on experience of management accounting and business partnering, including working with financial systems, and the production of monthly management accounts and an annual budget
- A confident and able to explain financial issues clearly
- A strong business partner to non-finance staff on many initiatives including managing budgets on large programmes, pricing proposals and the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Extensive experience of providing financial analysis with clear management information to support business decisions
- Commercial experience including helping a business to diversify its income streams, performing financial reviews of supplier tenders, and reviews of customer/supplier contracts
- The ability to work accurately with both an eye for detail, and to understand the big picture
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Self motivated and proactive
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter via the button below, outlining your suitability for this role by 17 September 2017.