Investment Accounts Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced accounts assistant to join the Investment Accounts department. You will ideally be from an insurance and/or investment background and be a forward thinking self-starter and able to work to tight deadlines.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Produce the daily cash flow forecast and action all payment instructions in the Bank of New York (BNYM) system before the 10.00am deadline.
- Post and reconcile the daily cashbook for all investment transactions documenting thoroughly the payment details for all investment incomes, pay-downs, maturities and settlements. Ensure these are correctly recorded for each account and by portfolio.
- Reconcile daily the investment system (SAPIMA) bank clearing accounts so that all monies settled by (BNYM) are reconciled to SAPIMA. Where differences occur, document and action in SAPIMA.
- Complete all month end reconciliations for bank and cash-pool accounts and post to SAPIMA.
- Run in our accounting system (SAP) the monthly depreciation for Investment and Own Use Properties.
- Complete the quarterly IPT & VAT analysis to taxation for Investments.
- Report each month all pension investment assets held by Allianz UK to Munich via our asset data delivery system (IDS).
- Maintain complete, thorough and accurate accounting records.
- Supporting all year-end and audit requests.
- Assist with all month and quarter end close processes, solvency II quarterly reporting templates (QRT's) and any ad-hoc requests.
- Where necessary, support the Investment Accountant with the project being undertaken during 2017/2018 (IFRS9).
Skills & Experience
- Competent with Outlook & Excel, in particular the use of formulas.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferable, but not essential.
- Be able to communicate at all levels.
- Be forward thinking, hold good time management skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Have willingness to question and challenge the status quo & be effective at problem solving.
- Part Qualified Accountant or qualified by experience.