Experienced Children's Social Worker - Worcester, Worcestershire
Experienced Children's Social Worker
Worcestershire County Council
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Salary: GBP31,668 to GBP36,486 (includes GBP4,000 market forces payment)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time, Part Time
We are looking for experienced children's social workers to help improve the lives of children and young people in Worcestershire.
- Salary up to GBP36,486 (includes market forces payment of GBP4,000)
- Support to help you achieve your best - think on-going induction, regular supervisions, high quality training, and professional development.
- Great and accessible location. If you need to move house to take up employment with us, we offer support of up GBP10,000 to eligible candidates.
- Flexible and mobile working - our technology makes it easy for you to work from one of our office bases, touch points and home.
At Worcestershire County Council, we are working together to ensure all our children and young people are healthy, feel safe and have opportunities to enjoy their lives and reach their full potential. We have a stable and permanent senior leadership team who are passionate about this - it is what drives us! If you share our passion and want to join us on our journey, we want to hear from you.
We have increased our establishment of front line social workers and managers so we currently have opportunities in:
- Safeguarding Teams at the Family Front Door working as part of a duty system assessing children in need and in need of protection.
- Locality Teams undertaking case management working alongside children who are subject to care plans, court intervention or children who are looked after.
- Looked After Children's Teams working alongside children and young people who live with foster carers, kinship carers or in residential placements.
You will have a professional qualification in Social Work, hold current HCPC registration and will have significant post qualification experience of working as a social worker. To be successful, you will need to demonstrate that you can manage a full and complex workload to a high standard. You will want to develop yourself professionally and create safety and stability for children, recognising the need to only intervene in family life when it is necessary to do.
To find out more working for us please visit our website. If you would like an informal discussion about the opportunity, please contact:
- Emma Brittain, Group Manager -
- Sylvia Gordon, Group Manager -
To upload your CV and apply for this role please click on the 'Apply' button. When providing your CV, you should also include an expression of interest detailing your skills, abilities, experience and achievements to date that make you a suitable candidate. Please also tell us where you saw this vacancy.
Closing date: 27 September 2017