Community Staff Nurse - West Sussex
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children's hospice for East & West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions across Sussex and South East Hampshire.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Role: Community Staff Nurse - West Sussex
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: GBP25,400 - GBP30,090 pa (depending on depth and variety of experience in a similar role)
Location: Chestnut Tree House, Near Arundel & across West Sussex
We are looking for an experienced nurse with excellent communication skills that enjoys working within the community, supporting children/young people and their families.
The role involves:
- Managing a set caseload & becoming familiar with the child/young person and their family
- Providing holistic individualised care and support
- Acting as advocate for the child/young person
- Promoting and practising family centre care
- Being part of a wider community team but working independently
Ideally we are looking to recruit a paediatric RSCN/RN (child) or RNLD/RGN general nurse with experience of looking after children/young people with complex needs and IV training. However, training is available to give you the skills required for this very rewarding role.
A full driving licence and access to your own transport is essential for this Community based role.
Closing date: 2 nd October 2017
Interview: 6 th October 2017
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. (Safeguarding)
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in an NHS pension
- 35 (FTE) days annual leave including bank holidays
- Education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Availability to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please visit for an application form and job description. Alternatively contact the hr department by email .
Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents at this stage but we will ask for your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of your qualifications that you identified in your application form.