Staff Nurse - Childrens Hopsice
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children's hospice for East & West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care for children and young people with life-shortening conditions across Sussex and South East Hampshire.
Role: Staff Nurse - In-House
Hours: 37.5 per week - x2 Permanent Positions
Salary: GBP25,400 - GBP30,090 (depending on depth and variety of experience in a similar role)
Location: Chestnut Tree House Hospice near Arundel
We are looking for a paediatric or general nurse who is highly compassionate, preferably with experience of working with children with complex needs. However, training is available to give you the skills required for this very rewarding role.
This role involves:
- Working in a small team of experienced nurses to provide holistic individualised care
- Using your clinical and interpersonal skills person to care for a child or young person with a life-shortening condition
- To ensure good communication within the team and advocate for the child/young person and their families, supporting their decisions and choices.
A full driving licence and access to your own transport is desirable due to the Hospices rural location.
Closing date: Friday 22 nd September 2017
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. (Safeguarding)
The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in an NHS pension
- 35 Days annual leave including bank holidays
- Free parking
- On site education/training support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Availability to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please visit for an application form and job description. Alternatively contact the HR department by email . Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents as this stage but we will ask for your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of all the qualifications you identify in you application form.