Supervising Social Worker - Birmingham
An 'outstanding', creative and quality focused IFA require a Supervising Social Worker to join their team based in Birmingham.
This excellent IFA believes in the importance of creating opportunities for children and young people, enabling them to have happier lives, whilst building confidence and self esteem. They strive to make a positive and lasting change in the lives of the children who are entrusted to their care, with the aim to help children and young people in need of a safe and secure family environment by providing families with loving, caring and skilled people who will go the extra mile, time and again.
This IFA has a strong, passionate and supportive management structure and small, stable social work teams, with a presence across South East, the Midlands and the North West. They possess a holistic view of foster care, which encourages a proactive approach to engaging with children in all areas of family life.
Brief over view of responsibilities:
- Supervision of pool of foster carers
- Form F assessments and panel presentation
- Monitoring and complying with all safeguarding aspects
- Participation in delivering of training for foster carers
- Flexible working and out of hours support to carers
You will be:
- A qualified social worker
- HCPC registered
- Previous experience of working within a fostering team
- A car owner / driver (essential)
- Be prepared to travel across the region as required
Salary is to GBP34,000, experience dependent
For further information, please call Harriet Connolly on / or e mail
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: with a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.