Integrated Hospital Discharge Manager
Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Norfolk in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to act as an Integrated Discharge Manager. This is a full time, Monday - Friday role for an initial 3 months with a possibility to extend.
The Integrated Discharge Manager will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of health and social care professionals to discharge patients from the acute hospital within statutory procedural/time frameworks and to avoid admissions deploying integrated resources to achieve this.
To lead on and contribute to delegated strategic projects that will deliver and support the implementation of integrated working within the acute hospital and across the central Norfolk area to improve patient/customer support.
The 3 month objectives are;
- To agree honorary contracts for the Discharge Planning Team. To explore the gaps and opportunities identified via the stakeholder workshops To develop an implementation plan for the creation of an IDT using feedback from the stakeholder workshops with agreed timescales for specific milestones. To establish and contribute to Task and Finish Groups (e.g. to agree referral and triage process, review of existing pathways, processes and roles & responsibilities).
- To manage and lead an Integrated Health & Social Care Team to oversee safe and timely discharge.
- To supervise and actively manage the performance of the whole team, ensuring the highest possible standards.
- To supervise and appraise team members and to directly supervise Team/Clinical Leads.
- To be responsible for monitoring and managing governance of the team and the services they deliver, including incidents, risks, alerts, quality issue reports, complaints, compliments and patient feedback systems
- To ensure your own and the practice of others within your service protects and promotes the wellbeing of vulnerable adults and children. Where there is risk of abuse or abuse has occurred to take appropriate procedural steps to report and safeguard those individuals in accordance with policy.
- Monitor service activity and ensure that quality, objectives, standards and performance are in accordance with agreed targets and if there is recognised variance to act on this to resolve any issues.
- To identify service development opportunities/projects and to lead on agreed change processes and projects at a strategic level that support the Central System.
- To co-ordinate and support effective clinical practice, procedures and systems across organisational boundaries between primary and acute care.
- To work closely with senior management teams to be proactive in ensuring the efficient patient flow through community and procured beds.
- To ensure that all staff have access to the knowledge, training and development necessary to undertake their work effectively and to ensure that all staff complete their required Continuing Professional Development and maintain their Professional Registration.
- Ensure that all staff comply with their organisation's policy of recording and maintaining data and information.
- To oversee and manage budgets (staffing and purchasing) and deliver reports regarding these as required.
- To build and maintain strong multi-agency relationships and to represent both organisations at a strategic level.
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Mark Thompson on ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to