Locum Social Worker - Looked After Children Team
Locum Social Worker - Looked After Children - Cardiff - GBP28 ph
Cardiff Council are seeking a Locum Qualified Social Worker to join their Looked After Children 14+ service following a recent promotion within the team.
The successful candidate must have experience of case management within a LAC team, and experience with Care Leavers is also essential.
- HCPC Registration
- Clear Enhanced DBS
- Social Work Qualification and a minimum of 2 years Post Qualifying Experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry a caseload in line with the organisational needs of the directorate
- Promote the safety and welfare of children who are looked after by enabling them to access independent advocates or the complaints procedure
- Communicate well with foster carers and others in developing a corporate approach to fulfilling responsibilities for looked after children
- Promote effective care planning and good outcomes for children and young people in the looked after system
The council is one of the biggest employers in Wales, with its focus on being an 'employer of choice' with real value placed on the diversity and contribution of every employee.
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
- Your own consultant with specialist sector knowledge and experience
- Competitive pay rates
- Prompt and reliable weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to the widest range of Social Work jobs across 180 Local Authorities and Private Organisations throughout the UK
If you are interested in this application and wish to apply please follow the application instructions stated on the website, or contact Charles Hunter Associates directly and speak to Cassie Hoskings