Locum Social Worker - Adult Social Care
Surrey Council are currently seeking experienced locum social workers to join one of their Locality Teams in Dorking.
They require enthusiastic social workers committed to undertaking person centred work with individuals over the age of 18 focussing on their strengths, interests and assets in accordance with the Care Act.
* You will be required to provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act.
* You will be required to engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene, and using professional judgement, employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence.
* You will assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. They will actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate, and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
* You will actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
* You will ensure that as part of the assessment NHS Continuous Healthcare is considered for all individuals.
You must have:
* Minimum 2years post qualified experience
* HCPC registration
* Full UK driving license with access to a car
* Completed your ASYE
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
* Your own dedicated specialist consultant
* Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
* Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
* Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
* Pay rate GBP30.00 per hour
* Free DBS and compliance service
* GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Emily Game or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website.