Practice Nurse Band 7 - Sandhurst
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION- SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
1. To be responsible for providing an outpatient occupationally focused community mental health service within the area of responsibility (AOR) of the Department of Community Mental Health (DCMH). This will include helping to organise and deliver therapeutic interventions, educational training and mental health promotion initiatives in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary mental health team.
2. To carry out initial mental health assessments and subsequent reviews for personnel referred to the DCMH.
3. To be responsible for an identified case load, reviewing client needs and evaluating the treatment plans and occupational grading at each contact.
4. To maintain accurate contemporaneous electronic records and clinical notes of all client contacts.
5. To provide reports to, and maintain effective liaison with referring Medical Officers (MOs), General Practitioners and other relevant professional agencies following initial assessment, on discharge or whenever appropriate.
6. To participate in clinical supervision.
7. To participate in departmental clinical and business meetings.
8. To recognise limits of competence and seek clinical supervision and/or advice as appropriate.
9. To be involved in Healthcare Governance (HG) in the department as appropriate and under the supervision of the HG lead and Department Manager.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A REGISTERED NURSE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICE
10. To comply with regulatory standards set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Conduct.
11. To be accountable for the standards of mental health care delivered to the client, working within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
12. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
C. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
13. Must be Registered Nurse (MH) Level 1 with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid Personal Identification Number (PIN).
14. Must hold in date Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Level 3 certificates.
15. Must have a minimum of 1 years' experience of Community Mental Health at Band 5.
16. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
D. DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
17. Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
18. Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) Level 1 qualification.
19. Full driving licence valid in the UK.