Director of Finance and Resources
It's an exciting time at Gingerbread. We're working to reach even more of the UK's 2 million single parents, making sure they know we're here and are using our support services. We're campaigning on a national scale to improve the lives of single parents and their children and to ensure their voices are heard. And we're going through a digital transformation programme.
In the final year of a three-year strategy and with a new Chief Executive in post since February 2017, we are undertaking a strategic review of our organisation's services, impact and business model.
About the role
We're looking for a Director of Finance and Resources to lead Gingerbread's finance, HR, office management and IT functions and ensure we are fit for purpose and constantly evolving. This will involve:
- Providing strategic leadership to the organisation as a member of our senior management team
- Leading our finance function and ensuring budget holders, senior colleagues and trustees have the required level of financial information and analysis to make decisions and plan for the future
- Managing strategic risk and opportunities for Gingerbread including our insurance and data protection
- As company secretary, ensuring Gingerbread is compliant and adhering to best practice in charity finance and governance
- Leading on IT strategy, ensuring our systems, hardware and software are evolving, fit for purpose and cost-effective
- Leading and championing our HR function, ensuring Gingerbread is a great place to work
- You will be a qualified finance professional who is looking for a new challenge, able to lead the strategic direction of our finance function whilst also having forensic attention to detail and the ability to drive system and process improvements.
- You will be able to build strong relationships with Trustees and staff at all levels of the organisation, build the skills and confidence of budget holders and drive a positive culture of empowerment and accountability through both our HR and Finance functions.
- You will also be a great team player with a passion for being part of a Senior Leadership Team and be passionate about and ambitious for Gingerbread's mission.
For further information about the role and to apply, please see our website via the Apply button.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2 nd October at 9am
Gingerbread, the charity for single parent families is registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee, no. 402748, and a charity, no. 230750.