HCA Joint Ventures is an innovative branch of HCA International, working in partnership with some of London's most respected NHS teaching hospitals: Guy's & St Thomas', University College Hospital and Queens University Hospital. HCA Joint Ventures provides continually high-quality treatment, within state-of-the-art facilities, supported by the latest technology and their infrastructure. Although these joint ventures are with NHS Trusts, patients are treated in an exclusively private setting.
The Facilities Manager will manage the facilities and services to Harley Street at UCH, Harley Street at Queens and Guys London Radiotherapy Centre, continually aiming to exceed customer expectations across the campus. You will be able to able to demonstrate effective leadership, providing advice and support to the Senior Management team, including setting and achieving statutory requirements, operational targets and compliance.
We are offering an attractive and competitive salary for this role and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA hospitals and clinics for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable to the Chief Operating Officer of Joint Ventures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with departments, suppliers Trusts and PFI stake holders.
- Support the development and implementation of Business Continuity and Emergency Disaster Planning and lead on all non - clinical emergency preparedness plans
- Define site specific Standard Operating Procedures (Write and ensure SOP are up to date and refer to the correct legislation)
- Responsible for facility inspections for quality assurance on a periodic basis and when required
- Ensure that engineering and building activities are compliant with statutory legislation, Health Technical Memorandum's (HTM's) and codes of practice.
- To ensure there is a quality catering, housekeeping, reception, switchboard, security and portering service to the hospital and outlying buildings, continually aiming to exceed customer expectations
- Management of TFM service contracts and undertake SLA audits and ensuring PPMs scheduling is carried out in a timely manner
- Support team with commissioning and immobilization of new sites. Assist with renovations / life cycle projects
- Health and Safety Lead for and responsible for all non-clinical items for the following CQC, CHKS, etc
- Undertake risk assessments and ensure up to date risk register (non- clinical)
- Staff management: recruitment selection, PDPs, rotas, etc
Skills & Experience
- BTEC/HND or eviqualent
- 5 years' experience in an operational role or equivalent
- Previous experience in similar organization / industry
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety procedures
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Management/leadership skills
- Customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make considered decisions
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to think strategically