Head of Client Operations
HEAD OF CLIENT OPERATIONS
Salary: GBP45k-GBP55k basic plus pension and performance-related pay
Location: Working across Group sites Nationally
At the Hart Learning & Development we're passionate about talent. We exist to help businesses engage with and invest in talent - through things like apprenticeships, traineeships and other client-commissioned learning and development activities. The gloriously shiny other side to that coin is the work we do with young people and adults to help them realise their potential, improve their lives and those of their families.
We love what we do - and we're looking for someone special to join our amazing team. We need someone who can help us realise our vision for Hart L&D by leading the development of new products, processes and resources that will help us deliver serious return on investment for our clients. We should warn you: we don't do 'ok' and we don't do vanilla. Our clients and students mean more than that to us: we want ambitious, we want progressive and we want savvy.
That means we're looking for someone who knows their way around an apprenticeship programme, a project plan and a process map. Someone who can help us be Outstanding in everything we do for our clients, for our students - and for each other.
If you're excited by what you've read so far - we want to hear from you.
- Competitive basic salary
- Contributory pensions scheme
- Performance-related pay linked to delivery of our five-year strategy goals.
Roles and Responsibility
- Working direct to our brilliant Manager Director, James - and with our ace team of operations directors and colleagues in the Hart Learning Group corporate centre - you'll be accountable for a portfolio of client-facing and internal transformation projects.
- You'll lead discrete projects to mobilise delivery for new Hart L&D clients, working to a specification / template that you'll own and refine in consultation with colleagues and our clients.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving our quality assurance and improvement environment, working with the central Hart Learning Group team responsible for Quality Teaching & Learning. This will include some pretty sophisticated operating procedure / process mapping work.
- You'll lead the monthly management accounts process in Hart L&D - working with operational colleagues and Hart Learning Group's finance team. You'll also work closely with our commercial modellers to help us validate new client opportunities.
- You'll work with Hart L&D's genius of a client relationships director to monitor and report on the sales pipeline and client relationship position - freeing us his team's time to do what they do best: work with our clients on 'what's next?'
- We'll expect you to be a champion of programme, project and risk management across Hart L&D - working with the Hart Learning Group's project management guru.
- Serious programme management expertise - likely reflected in a Prince 2 Practitioner, Managing Successful Programmes or a similar professional qualification.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communications, interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels.
- The ability to work, without fear or favour, with senior leaders and stakeholders to define and deliver complex projects.
- Working understanding of apprenticeships and ESFA-funded training programmes.
- The ability to manage budgets in a fast-paced operating environment.
Who Are We
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and communities through learning. The Hart Group currently includes:
- North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
- Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
- The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy in Stevenage.
Expressing Your Interest
To apply please send a CV and short (no more than two pages) covering letter summarising your relevant experience and expertise via the button below. If you have any questions about the role and / or our organisation, please drop us a line on the same email.
CLOSING DATE: 15 TH SEPT
SAFER RECRUITMENT STATEMENT
Hart Learning and Development is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and provide proof of their right to work in the UK.