Private Rented Options Officer
Department of Place
Economy ??? Development Services
3 x 37 hours per week
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile shown outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated, energetic, innovative and experienced individuals to be part of a specialist team which will make a real difference to people's lives.
The successful applicants will have a key role in dealing with customers who approach the Council's Housing Options service for advice or assistance in resolving their housing needs, including customers who are homeless or experiencing acute housing instability. The team will also help to reduce the use of temporary and bed and breakfast accommodation.
The post holder will: -
- Help to develop the private rented sector approach for meeting the needs of Housing Options customers
- Proactively re-house customers in housing need into suitable and affordable private rented accommodation
- Provide successful and sustainable tenancies for the private landlords and tenants
- Help to develop landlord networks and a range of private rented property options
- Assist in developing and managing a referrals process for private rented properties and systems for recording all private rented sector activities
- Work closely with the Council's Housing Standards team to assess suitability and quality of private rented sector properties for relevant schemes
- Assist with continual enhancement of the service
The successful candidate will have: -
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of working either directly within the private rented sector or working in partnership with landlords and/or agents in the sector from a public or third sector angle, including experience in lettings, housing management, repairs and working knowledge of the welfare benefits systems including Housing Benefit etc.
- Education qualification of at least NVQ Level 4 standard or relevant equivalent experience.
For further information AFTER reading the Job Profile please contact Hal Ahmed on or email
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 18 th September 2017