Staff Nurse - Cardiac - London
We can offer rotational shift patterns to include; early, lates, nights and weekend (Part time, flexible working and bank positions are also available).
The salary range for this role is GBP31,630 to GBP35,822 per annum with an additional 9% enhancement (dependent on experience)
The post holder is responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post holder will assist and is expected to supervise junior staff and be able to teach qualified and unqualified staff. To communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team. The post holder's primary post will be within the Adult Cardiac Departments.
The cardiac ward is made up of 15 private rooms and a 5-bedded CCU - all rooms and beds have full cardiac monitors. The patients treated on the unit are cardiac medical, intervention and surgical and thoracic medical and surgical.
- To plan, assess and provide individualised care plans to patients, working within a multi-disciplinary team
- To work to and monitor standards of care to meet procedures and protocols
- To support and train junior members of the team
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- To supervise and orientate learners, temporary staff and staff new to the area
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Intermediate Life Support needed (Advanced Life Support desirable)
- Experience of having worked with Cardiology / Cardiothoracic patients
- Knowledge of administration of IV drugs, Chest Drain management, ECG / rhythm recognition and femoral & radial sheath management
- An Assessing and Mentorship Qualification is beneficial but not essential
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.