HCPC Registered Social Worker - Adults Services
Are you a qualified Social Worker with 2 years post qualified UK experience looking for a new & rewarding challenge working with Adults? If so, then this is the role for you.
Our client in Essex is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to promote independence, inclusion & well being of all adults with social care needs within their Department for People.
Our client will provide you with:
- Competitive salary from GBP29,323 - GBP35,444 per annum DOE
- Access to the Company Pension Scheme
Main Purpose of Post
- To work in partnership with Service Users to enable them to live as independently as possible within their community.
- To undertake assessments of need with Service Users and their Carers through Self Directed Support process and undertake Support Planning.
- To implement the principles of the Mental Capacity Act whilst undertaking Mental Capacity Assessments.
- To undertake Continuing Health Care Assessments and Safeguarding investigations in line with National and Local Guidance.
- To hold a complex case load and to provide supervision to unqualified staff where necessary
- Ensuring that the social work team vision is reflected in work practices across the Borough
- To hold an appropriate caseload.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in undertaking Self Directed Support activities using a Person Centred Approach.
- To support Service Users and their families in having choice and control over the services they use, including Supporting People to Self Assess and use Personal Budgets.
- To facilitate a range of social work interventions, including group work, individual work, community work and crisis intervention.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of work undertaken in Carefirst.
- Ensure the provision of individual, cost effective packages of care and support within allocated budgets and defined locality team
- Ensuring team members comply with policies, standards and procedures as agreed by the department.
- Achievement of high levels of team performance ensuring that regular and timely reviews are undertaken and that national and locally determined indicators are met
- Working with adults in the community, in hospitals or in residential settings to assess their needs.
- Liaising with other agencies, Departments of the Borough and parts of the Department of Social Care to ensure identified needs are met.
- Working with Service Users, Carers and families at difficult times to provide assistance and support.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Social Work to degree level (or equivalent)
- A valid HCPC Registration
- 2 years UK post qualifying experience working as a Qualified Social Worker
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Knowledge of the NHS & Community Care Act, Mental Health Act & Mental Capacity Act
- Knowledge of different Adult Client Groups
- Good communication, organisation & ICT skills
- Experience of working in a Multi-Disciplinary team
- Experience of Assessment, Care Management & Supporting People
- Valid driving licence & car to travel around the borough to make home visits
By Working with RT-Social Care you will receive the following benefits:
Free DBS and compliance service
Access to vacancies across the UK
Dedicated Specialist Consultant
Excellent Aftercare Service
Networking opportunities at our numerous candidate events
GBP250 referral fee*
RT Social Care is an equal opportunities employer
Please register your interest now by clicking the Apply now button. We will respond to successful applicants within 48 hours.
*Terms and conditions apply