Social Worker, Level 2
Social Worker Level 2
GBP30,785 - GBP32,486 per annum (Scale J)
37 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic Social Worker to join Norfolk Children's Services.
You will manage a caseload of complex cases, utilising specialist knowledge for appropriate interventions, needs assessments, care planning, and child protection investigations.
You will carry out high quality assessments, use child centred, community focused, and multi-agency interventions to bring about positive change through developing effective relationships, and secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
You must ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
As a Social Worker in Norfolk children's Services you can expect:
• To be part of a small Team with a Team Manager providing regular quality supervision.
• Excellent continuous professional development opportunities through the Suffolk and Norfolk Teaching Partnership, Norfolk Social Care Academy and the University of East Anglia.
We value our social workers and offer competitive salary packages which are among the best in the region GBP30,785 rising to GBP32,486.
Norfolk County Council offer a range of benefits to employees
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Relocation package, up to a maximum total of GBP8000
• 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays) rising with retention.
• Norfolk Rewards Scheme (a nationally recognised employees benefits and discount scheme)
To upload your CV and apply for this role please click the apply button. To find out more about this vacancy please visit:
Please note that when providing a CV you should include a supporting statement and your CV should include personal details such as contact details and address, NI number, full employment history with reason for any breaks in employment, any criminal convictions and 2 x referees.
To view further information regarding the vacancy please click on the link below:
150 CHHE Information Pack 08-17.doc
Closing date: 31 October 2017