This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our organisation. You will develop and coordinate a flexible and high quality service in two of our Durham Supported Living Schemes for adults with learning disabilities; Autism and complex needs. The Schemes are situated in the Tudhoe and Newton Aycliffe areas of Durham. You will supervise and manage established teams of staff providing person centred support to enable service users to maintain their independence, experience improved wellbeing and enjoy opportunities for personal development.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery and daily operational management of the service and for ensuring that contract requirements and standards are met. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deployment of staff to meet individual needs and preferences within available resources
- Supervision, coaching, performance management and support of staff.
- Identifying training needs of the team both mandatory and service specific, ensuring that accurate records are kept.
- Responding to referrals and undertaking initial assessments of need
- Ensuring service users have a co-produced plan of support and a designated Key Worker
- Ensuring there are clear goals and expected outcomes for each resident with a defined pathway towards greater independence
- Co-ordinating a programme of regular person-centred reviews which put each person's views and unique journey at the heart of planning and decision making
- Working closely with local multi-disciplinary teams and community based agencies to provide holistic, wrap-around support
- Facilitate service user engagement, involvement and peer support
- Ensure that there are robust methods of quality monitoring
- Provide key performance indicators, identifying and planning actions required
You will provide excellent customer care and proactively communicate with stakeholders in respect of risk management and the care and welfare of the people we support. You will have a strong ethical duty of care and a commitment to safeguarding vulnerable individuals.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate warmth, compassion and unconditional positive regard for the people we support and will be able to develop trusting relationships based on empathy and respect. You will have the skills and personal qualities to be able to engage people in meaningful planning and therapeutic activities. You will be expected to work collaboratively and professionally with the people we support, their families and professionals/ multi agencies.
You will be hard working, resilient and reflective with the ability to accept supervision and be accountable for your own practice. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the practical skills required to plan and organise care and support delivery. You will be required to be flexible to the needs of the service.
You will ideally have at least 2 years practitioner experience with some experience of supervising/managing staff and resources and hold or be working towards a relevant health or social care qualification (Degree or NVQ Level 4/5). You must be well organized, professional and credible with colleagues from the multi-disciplinary team. You will be able to demonstrate leadership ability and management competencies. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to organise your own time effectively and manage professional relationships.
We do not accept CV as a form of application, applicants must submit a completed Creative Support application form which can be requested or downloaded via the listed methods. An enhanced DBS check is required, which we pay for. Creative Support is not a recruitment sourcing agency; all employees are directly employed by our organisation. We do not accept cold calls or sales/marketing contact from recruitment candidate sourcing/advertising agencies. Upon receipt of your application we will email you a confirmation of receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation email please contact us via telephone or email. Contact information can be found on our company website.