Senior Social Worker
GBP34,308 - GBP38,235 per annum (Scale K)
37 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Social Worker to join Norfolk Children's Services.
You will hold a caseload of the most complex cases, utilising specialist skills to undertake work with children and families and deliver positive change.
You must lead in complex situations and provide professional support to staff through guidance, co-working, mentoring, and modelling authoritative practice, and to lead practice development within the team to improve and maintain professional standards.
You will champion and promote the highest professional standards, providing social work professional consultation to Children's Services Teams and other agencies.
You must ensure children and young people are adequately protected in line with the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and departmental policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
As a Social Worker in Norfolk children's Services you can expect:
• To be part of a small Team with a Team Manager providing regular quality supervision.
• Excellent continuous professional development opportunities through the Suffolk and Norfolk Teaching Partnership, Norfolk Social Care Academy and the University of East Anglia.
We value our social workers and offer competitive salary packages which are among the best in the region GBP34,308 rising to GBP38,235 per annum.
Norfolk County Council offer a range of benefits to employees
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Relocation package, up to a maximum total of GBP8000
• 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays) rising with retention.
• Norfolk Rewards Scheme (a nationally recognised employees benefits and discount scheme)
To upload your CV and apply for this role please click the apply button. To find out more about this vacancy please visit:
Please note that when providing a CV you should include a supporting statement and your CV should include personal details such as contact details and address, NI number, full employment history with reason for any breaks in employment, any criminal convictions and 2 x referees.
To view further information regarding the vacancy please click on the link below:
149 CHHE Information Pack 08-17.doc
Closing date: 31 August 2017