Study Services Support Worker - Riverside College
Main Purpose of Job
To ensure learners are given outstanding additional support as required in order for them to reach their full potential.
Study Services Support Worker duties
- To provide individualised educational support to students as identified and required
- To work with teaching staff to provide an outstanding learner experience
- To provide personal care to students as required
- To act as an advocate for students as required
- To provide timely and accurate written records of all support sessions, including production of regular reviews of students' progress and needs
- To promote student centred learning, ensuring all students have access to differentiated learning
- To embed stretch and challenge so all students reach their full potential
- To advise lecturers and other members of staff regarding student support needs
- To identify and implement strategies to ensure that the student's learning experience is of the highest standard.
Study Services Department
- To be involved with the promotion of the Study Services department activities across the College and at external events, maintaining and forging external links.
- Support students in the workplace.
- To take an active role in the induction and support of students.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
- To meet the individual needs of all students to ensure all have an equal chance of success.
- To undertake staff development and attend staff meetings as required and requested.
- To accept flexible redeployment and reallocation of duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in related subject
- Level 2 qualification in Numeracy and Literacy
- Teaching qualification to PTTLS level or willingness to work towards
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of providing educational and personal support to students
- Knowledge of Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding issues
- Experience of effective team working and effective relationships between staff and students
- Ability to develop supportive working relationships with parents and other key stakeholders
- Ability to manage and resolve a range of situations in the best interests of the students
- Ability to contribute to the whole College experience
- Effective communicator
- Flexible approach
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Competent user of the full range of Microsoft Office Applications
- Commitment to safeguarding all students
- Commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to work off-site within the local community
- Head of Foundation Studies and Study Services
- The post holder will undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with regulatory, legislative and college procedural requirements.
18 hours per week, term time only, permanent
Salary GBP17,274 pro rata (GBP8.97 per hour)
Closing Date: 12 noon, Tuesday 19th September 2017
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Application forms and job descriptions are available on our website. E-mail ,