Tutor/Teacher - Hairdressing and Barbering (Part Time)
Tutor - Hairdressing and Barbering
Hours: 5-10 hours per week
Salary: GBP20,874-GBP28,211 FTE per annum ( pro rata )
We are seeking to recruit a tutor to deliver hairdressing and barbering courses at least twice per week subject to curriculum demand.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
To design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
• Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
• Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
• Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
• Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
• Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
• Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
• Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
• To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
• To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Qualified in Level 2 and Level 3 Hairdressing and Barbering studies.
• A1 assessors award preferable
• Subject specific qualification or proven expertise in subject
• Teaching / training experience
• Nationally recognised teaching qualification (or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
• Competent user of ICT
• Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge
• Good understanding of social and cultural diversity, equality of opportunity and inclusion and safeguarding
• Minimum of Level 2 in English and maths
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS Update Service.
Essex County Council are proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
• A Teachers Pension Scheme
• Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans from GBP100 - GBP5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
• Extensive induction programmes
• 35 days annual leave (full-time equivalent)
• Continued service benefits
• Staff discounts in gyms/travel agents/car sales/restaurants/days out