Commissioning Manager - Yorkshire area
Hampton's are currently working in partnership with a large care provider who are looking for a Commissioning Manager for their East Midlands/ Yorkshire region. The role is permanent and is based from home.
Main purpose of the Job:
To build deep rooted partnerships with Local Authorities/other purchasers to identify their needs and provide business information to position our services to meet such needs, to assist in referral and admissions processes to drive up occupancy into service lines across specialist residential, education and fostering services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the primary customer interface between Local Authorities, Educational Services and Residential Care Services across a defined geographical area.
- The Relationship Manager will be accountable for building relationships that lead to new admissions and new service development across the company's Educational division.
- To develop partnerships with all levels of decision makers and influencers within Local Authorities, Educational and Fostering Services engaging customers sharing the proposition within our specialist residential, education and fostering services. Decision makers and influencers include Commissioning Teams, Children with Disabilities Teams, Social Workers, Youth Offender Teams, Youth Justice Teams, Educational Service Providers, Foster Placement Leads, CCG's and Service Procurement
- To exercise professional judgement to help Local Authorities, Educational and Foster Services identify suitable young people for our services and to recommend, where appropriate
- To develop professional relationships to achieve occupancy targets, revenue objectives and report on regional demand & trends
- To manage the referral process and contribute to price negotiations, coordinating with Referral Coordinators and the Service Development Director. This may include identifying, writing and maintaining regional framework agreements, preferred provider lists, and contract tenders.
- To identify unmet service needs in Local Authorities, Educational & Fostering Services working with the Service Development Director and Marketing Team and 'owning' key initiatives for developing and marketing new services to meet these needs
- To provide a highly professional customer service, customer communications and interactions at all times. This includes written and verbal communication with external and internal customers / partners
Candidates MUST have held a post of Commissioning Manager / Business Development Manager (with a strong commissioning emphasis) within a Private or 3 rd Sector Education/Children's Residential Business.
- Budgeting/strategic planning/business planning experience
- Proven skills in business and financial management
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to maintain and develop customer relationships
- Ability to interpret and present data, excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organisation
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Ability to engage and influence
- Stakeholder management skills and ability to utilise business intelligence to support customer needs.
- Work on own initiative to timescales, with a flexible and pragmatic approach
- Adopt a solution focused approach to all issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build personal credibility and respect
- Recognise and take advantage of opportunities to grow and develop the business
- Experience in specialist care environment, ideally in children's services
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- Experience of business management and planning oversight
- Experience of financial planning and budgeting
- Experience of producing metric/KPI's
Salary - up to GBP50,000 + Car Allowance + highly competitive bonus package
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV to or call Oliver on
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK