Head of QA - Fostering - Nottingham
Job Ref: OJ 1483
Hampton's are currently working with a fostering agency who are looking for a Head of Quality Assurance in Nottingham.
To work in a senior capacity with the Senior Management team and take responsibility for quality assuring operational services including policies and procedures. To contribute to a flexible, effective and strategically planned Quality and Performance Management Service in line with statutory and agency requirements and the company's Vision and Values.
- Produce, develop, deploy and review policy statements, performance standards, procedures and practice guidance to underpin the work in line with relevant law, regulations, and "best practice" guidance
- Provide and monitor the implementation of Safeguarding policy, procedures and practice guidance across the company; principally in relation to fostering and related children's social care services.
- Provide advice and guidance on safeguarding issues to all staff.
- Ensure that service provision is compliant with all relevant regulatory processes through timely research, advice and processes of internal audit and inspection.
- Deputise for the Agency Panel Advisor and where necessary be responsible for the administration of the panel function.
- Contribute to the monitoring and scrutiny of assessments and reviews being presented to panels for compliance with regulations, policies and procedures and best practice guidance prior to acceptance onto the agenda. This will include providing consultation to assessors during the assessment process.
- Assist with the preparation of submissions to relevant government/regulatory bodies (e.g. CSCI, Ofsted, CSSIW, HCPC) and others such as local authority service commissioners e.g. pre-inspection returns, action plans, tender submissions, performance statistics/ service audit returns.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Quality and Safeguarding performance of in accordance with the Country specific legislative frame work, National Minimum Standards, policies and procedures and best practice guidance.
- Supervise the quality assurance officer and other staff as required
- Address child protection issues, investigations or serious reviews as required.
- Work across England and Scotland which will necessitate travel within these countries
- Provide training to staff and foster carers in relation to Quality Assurance and Safeguarding
- Hold a Social Work qualification and current registration
- Experience of working with Foster Carers and young people
- A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing and high level of skills in written and oral presentation of information (including data analysis using IT such as Excel or similar)
- A comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children's services as well as publications which inform current thinking regarding good practice and the Safeguarding of children in relation to at least one UK country
- A comprehensive knowledge of all policies and procedures in relation to Safeguarding children
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with young people and adults
- Ability to communicate at all levels, negotiate, mediate and build effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Willingness to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Salary: GBP40-50k (dependent on experience)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, then please email your CV or call Oliver on .
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK