Finance Director - Eastleigh College
Reporting to the CEO you will be an integral part of the college leadership team. You will be responsible for all financial aspects of the college strategy and the flow of financial information to the Board with appropriate analysis and recommendations.
In return you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and you will work in a friendly, focused and supportive environment where hard work is embraced and rewarded.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the advisor to the Board in commercial decision making, driving the strategy to achieve growth targets.
- Provide leadership to the finance, MIS, IT, Estates and Premises and the Health and Safety Officer and work with others to set budgets and forecasts
- Deliver an exceptional level of service to the business including the provision of accurate financial information to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the college strategy by being proactively involved in all decisions relating to business opportunities in the sector.
- Develop a robust financial infrastructure, capable of providing timely and accurate management information
- Manage college policies regarding capital requirements, debt, equity, and acquisitions
The successful person will possess the following credentials:
- Energetic with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, integrity and the ability to liaise positively at all levels within the College
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with high attention to detail
- A strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent IT Skills and reporting knowledge
This is a Board appointment working closely with and as a strong commercial and business partner in the college leadership team. The Finance Director role carries responsibility for all of the financial aspects of the business whilst at the same time working closely with other senior colleagues on the general management and change issues facing the business.
As the Finance Director you will combine a pragmatic hands on and strategic approach and enjoy real involvement in both financial and non-financial, general management and operational issues and you will be able to demonstrate significant change management experience.
You will have strengths in simplifying and making reporting systems relevant and have a challenging, persuasive approach, together with excellent team leadership skills. As a member of the senior team, the Finance Director will be expected to make a significant strategic contribution and the scope to make an impact on the business is very real.
To discuss the post in more detail please visit the dedicated microsite or contact Bernie Cullen on or email
Closing date Sunday 1 October 2017.
Interviews will be held 17 & 18 October 2017