Head of Business Studies and Economics (KS5 Essential)
Walworth Academy is committed to providing the highest quality of learning for all students every lesson. We have extremely high aspirations for our staff and students. We are now seeking a highly competent teacher and leader to join the academy as Head of Business Studies and Economics to ensure the department is consistently delivering high quality teaching and learning, so that the rates of student progress in GCSE and A Level continue to increase. The ability to teach KS5 is essential.
Walworth Academy continues to develop and improve towards providing outstanding learning and teaching.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an highly competent teacher
- Exude a passion for Business Studies and Economics which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
- Inspire, motivate and excite the students about Business Studies and Economics
- Have achieved high rates of progress and attainment in their current school
- Be a 'learner' and a reflective practitioner
- Be committed to Walworth Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses.
In this role you will:
- Join a dedicated team who are committed to continually improving the quality of the teaching and learning and raising attainment
- Receive high quality training and development including NPQML and NPQSL
- Play a critical role in leading our school to provide outstanding learning and progress
- Have the benefits of the ARK Schools network where you will have access to a range of benefits
- Join the Academy family where we are all learners in our pursuit of excellence.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below. Applications should be received by 11am Friday 22nd September 2017. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact or visit our website.
Deadline: 11am Friday 22 nd September 2017
Start date: January 2018 (Earlier start available)
Salary: Ark Main Scale, GBP29, 375 - GBP39, 587, depending on experience + TLR 2C, GBP6,514 (Negotiable. For the right calibre of candidate, we would consider a school wide responsibility with a TLR of up to 1b.)
Walworth Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.