Qualified Social Worker - First Response (SWAN Unit) Team - Aylesbury,
Socialwork 2000 are looking for an experienced Social Workers to join a First Response (SWAN Unit) Team based at Aylesbury Police Station, Buckinghamshire. Pay rate is from GBP28 - GBP32ph (depending on exp)
About the role:
First Response will process all referrals in respect of children 0-17 years of age. All referrals received will be screened by a Team manager who will determine whether referral needs to be progressed to a Children's Social Care Assessment Team for an assessment, or if the referral needs to be passed to an Early Help Panel for consideration.
The Swan Unit was set up in July 2015 in response to CSE concerns within the authority. it is a multi agency team including professionals from Thames Valley Police, Children's Social Care, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, R U Safe? and virtual representation from CAMHS.
The Unit has 5 specific functions in relation to children at risk of sexual exploitation:
1) The assessment of risk
2) Chairing strategy meetings
3) Advice to partner professionals on CSE
4) Direct work with children vulnerable to CSE
5) Co-ordination of information and intelligence about victims and perpetrators of CSE
- Following a contact, to establish the service user's eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required
- To work as part of the First Response duty system and when appropriate offer advice, guidance and signposting to professionals and families
- Undertake section 47 investigations and section 17 assessments and work alongside professional and families
- Together with the service user and/or their parents or carers, to produce a care plan that will meet the needs of the service user and which takes account of policies, guidelines and procedures
- Liaise appropriately with Legal Services and represent the Service in court as required
- Promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Children's Act 1989 criteria, and taking account of other relevant legislation as appropriate
- To ensure that the views of children and young people are represented through assessments undertaken
- Identify areas of need which cannot be met and to systematically record and report the unmet need to the Manager
- To bring to the notice of the Manager any instances of perceived failure of a provider to deliver the agreed level of service
- Maintain all necessary records and documentation in line with policies and procedures, and use computerised information systems as appropriate
- Assist with the development of standards of practice and training and development activities
- Pay rate is from GBP28 - GBP32ph (depending on exp)
- In-house payroll company that offers a full range of services from weekly pay to bookkeeping services
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
- 2 years post qualifying UK experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The social worker will need to have experience in Child Protection and Care Proceedings.
- They will need to have a car as we cover the whole county and have children in care across the country.
- This post is based at Aylesbury Police Station and the post is subject to satisfactory Thames Valley Police vetting.
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn't right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.
Step 1: for anyone you refer, we register, and we promote for work you will receive GBP50*
Step 2: for anyone you have referred and we place you will then receive a second payment of GBP50* on their first day of work.
Step 3: for anyone you have referred you will receive a third payment of GBP100* once they have completed a qualifying period of 375 hours of work.
Apply now or get in touch for more information; Call us on or email
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).