Job Title: Admissions Administrator
Salary: GBP27,000 negotiable upon experience
Line Manager: School Business Manager
Starting: As soon as possible
Hours of work: 08.00-17.00 Monday - Friday
Terms: Permanent, full time, term time only plus 15 additional days in the school holidays
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 480 boys in Years 7-10 and we will keep growing year by year until the school is full. We will add a mixed Sixth Form from 2019 and will eventually have over 800 pupils studying at our school. We are an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils.
We are currently located in our temporary premises in Brondesbury Park in North West London, and in September 2018 we will move to our permanent site, a brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We will be part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone's throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
THE ADVERTISED ROLE
We are seeking to appoint an Admissions Administrator to join our support team. The successful candidate needs to be personable and approachable yet able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality; they should enjoy problem solving, be versatile, have a sense of humour, a willingness to fully integrate in the life of the school, and a desire to understand the day-to-day workings of an extremely busy boys' school. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with drive and energy and a "can-do" attitude.
Main Purpose of Job
- To support the Headteacher and School Business Manager by providing administrative support for admissions to the school.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks: Admissions Administrator
- The purpose of the Admissions Officer is to managing any applications to school to the point that student is enrolled at the school.
- To provide a comprehensive administrative and organised support service to the School to assist secondary transfer Y7 admission, Y12 admissions and in year admissions
- Have excellent knowledge of all school office procedures to carry out all administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner ensuring deadlines are met within the school office in order to maintain the efficient running of the school.
- To be key person responsible for pupil admissions in accordance with the LA/school admissions policy
- To manage the procedures relating to pupil transfers in accordance with school/LA policy.
- To manage ensure all relevant information is entered into the relevant management information systems.
- To set up and manage the consultation process required for admissions. The next statutory consolation for admissions needs to be carried out between September 2017 -January 2018 for Sixth Form Admissions.
- To set up and run the school banding test for Y7 admissions, annually in December.
- To set up and run in-year admissions for all year groups by fostering close relationships with prospective parents.
- To report regularly to the School Business Manager and the Headteacher on pupils admissions and student numbers.
- Updating contact information on the School external databases.
- Archiving registration and entry forms of pupils who do not take up places offered.
- Assisting with frequent mailings
- Being in attendance at all relevant events, Open Days, assessment days, marketing events etc.
- Assisting with the preparation for and organisation of assessment days and tour days
- Taking bookings and confirming tours
- Booking prospective pupils into entrance exams; sending and emailing letters and other appropriate information.
- Provide ad hoc support to the administration team as a whole, and in particular, providing cover for the school Receptionist on a rota basis.
- Any other analogous duties as directed by the Headteacher and School Business Manager
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS - ALL STAFF
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people at the School by adhering to and complying with the School's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times.
- Display correct staff identification at all times whilst on site.
- Attend training and staff INSET sessions organised by the School to provide a consistent approach across the entire School staff population.
- Adhere at all times to Health & Safety legislation, and all departmental policies and procedures, to ensure the safety of yourself and colleagues as well as pupils, staff and visitors.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in an administrative role or someone with experience in educational administration, ideally in admissions.
- Enjoys working in an educational setting
- A sense of humour
- Adaptability and someone who enjoys change
- Highly efficient and organised
- Calm and professional
- Ability to deal with confidentiality
- Excellent attendance
- Confident to use email, Word, Excel, Outlook and able to mail merge
- Ability to communicate well both in written form and orally
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent telephone manner
- Degree level qualification
HOW TO APPLY
- Please complete the required application form as well as a supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4). We do not consider CVs due to our safer recruitment procedures.
- We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory referees.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position by email on .
- The deadline for applications is 29 September 2017.
- The interview process will include an interview and a series of administrative tasks to complete.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their interview and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.