This is a great opportunity for an experienced commercial underwriter to join the Senior Underwriter Team within Allianz's Small Business Team in Maidstone. The 130-strong team is one of two Allianz UK SME centres and provides a fun yet focussed environment with exposure to a wide range of products. We also offer the opportunity to participate in numerous development activities to support your progression, including funding for the CII and participation in our CII-accredited Underwriting Academy.
You will be underwriting professionally in accordance with Allianz Insurance standards whilst providing market leading service to customers in a fast-paced and evolving digital trading environment. As you will be acting as a referral point that builds the technical and trading skills of others, you will need to be a keen coach, mentor and trainer.
As part of a successful and growing business unit with a new range of products including Motor, Marine, Mini Fleet, PI and D&O, no two days will be the same. We can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where success is celebrated.
As a Senior Underwriter we would expect you to:
*Understand and support the strategic delivery of our Business plan
*Act as a point of technical referral
*Provide a quick resolution for the customer solution, taking full ownership of issues for both new and existing business cases
*Organise, create and deliver technical and soft skills training to underwriters on a 121 basis or in groups
*Work with a wide range of stakeholders including our branch network, senior leaders and underwriting teams
*Support broker visits including undertaking delegated authority audits
*Support the governance and control of our underwriting including auditing activities
Skills & Experience:
* Minimum 5 GCSE's Grade A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent, plus minimum of 2 'A' Levels or equivalent required.
* ACII qualified or significant progression towards preferred
*Strong technical underwriting skills and a high personal authority in commercial property and casualty, ideally with experience in packaged commercial products
* Strong trading skills and behaviours are essential, comfortable negotiating and previous experience within a New Business team environment
* Excellent customer focus is a must, with ability to build and maintain broker relationships
* Strong influencing skills
* Strong analytical skills with an understanding of account management principles