Technical Consultant - Networks
NHS Digital is the National Information and Technology provider for the Health and Care System. Our team of 2,700+ Information Analysis, Technology and Project Management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial Digital Systems, Services, Products and standards upon which Health and Care Professionals depend, working in partnership with both national and local organisations. Our vision is to harness the power of Information and Technology to provide better Health and Care.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time, Network Engineer to work within the Network Operations Team based in our Leeds office.
You will be enthusiastic and hardworking to complement the existing Network Operations Team. Briefly, the role will involve troubleshooting, analysing and maintaining network hardware infrastructures.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of the following:
- Cisco Routers (ASR1001, 1002, 1006, ISR4451, ISR2901), Catalyst Switches (3560, 3650, 3850 & 2960), NX-OS 5k, 7k & 9k, MDS SAN Switches, Cisco WLC 5508 & 5520
- Cisco ASA Firewalls (5516, 5520, 5585)
- Cisco NG IPS devices
- F5 - BIG-IP devices
- Cisco ISE - support and deployment
- Cisco Content switches (CSS) or Cisco Application Control Engines (ACE) and Global Site Selectors (GSS)
- Significant experience of IPv4 / IPv6 - TCP/IP/DNS/DHCP/WINS Network
- Layer 2 / Layer 3 network protocols such as: DMVPN, MPLS, Spanning Tree, QinQ, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, ISIS, HRSP and VRRP
- Understanding of Leaf-Spine networks and associated architecture
- Active Directory
- Solarwinds - NPM, NTA, NCM, Syslog
- Experience in a dedicated Network support role, up to 3rd line level
- Introducing changes to the Network across the estate
- Documentation of all processes, changes & procedures
- Experience working in a large, enterprise environment
- Experience of ITIL processes would be beneficial
- Background working in a Windows and/or VMware environment would be beneficial
- Minimum of a CCNA qualification, ideally CCNP
- Experience of Microsoft Windows family of products
- VMWare NSX / Virtual Center / ACI / UCS
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of NHS benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options. Perhaps the most compelling reasons for joining us, however, are the scale, scope and high profile nature of the services you'll be working on, and the opportunity for personal and professional development.