Head of SEO - Permanent
Head of SEO - Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: GBP55,000 - GBP60,000 per annum + Benefits
NST are currently recruiting for a Head of SEO to work for a global Digital Education company based in London. Reporting directly into the Chief Marketing Officer, your role will be to identify and implement strategies, techniques and tactics which improve the position of the company's websites in Google and other search engines across the world.
You will head up the growth of quality organic traffic, transform online authority and efficiency through SEO techniques, and drive best-practice across their network of websites.
Successful candidates will need advanced analytical, technical and marketing competencies, the Head of SEO will collaborate closely with members of the marketing, content and product teams.
- Develop the organisation's technical SEO strategy to open content to bots in a technically correct manner to maximize the organic traffic opportunity, delivering results for different regions, languages and countries.
- Grow organic ranking position through implementation of the SEO strategy.
- Conduct detailed analysis of site performance and review tracking metrics to improve existing rankings and identify new opportunities
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Conduct site audits and utilise site tools to identify both opportunity and SEO violations & potential issues incurring penalties, work with development team to ensure conclusions are understood and SEO best practice is properly implemented.
- Research on the latest algorithm updates, where other marketers are having success and analyse competitor websites for organic traffic insights
- Troubleshoot and implement solutions for traffic issues or lack of growth
- Work with content and product teams on new opportunities and on page techniques to consistently achieve the best results, briefing work in a clear and accurate manner
- Advanced technical, analytical and marketing skills
- Strong SEO experience and demonstrable success on a large-scale.
- Detailed understanding of international SEO concepts, techniques and different search engines around the world.
- Excellent understanding of Google algorithm changes and tactics to address them.
- Experience with SEO analytics tools (eg Google Analytics, Search Centre, Moz etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to chair meetings on best practice and to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders.
Measure of Success:
- Significantly grow the company's organic traffic in all countries (and therefore a range of search engines)
- Raise page and site domain authority
- Avoidance of penalties by search engines
- Improving best practice through pushing out training and relevant articles, developing effective SEO culture across the company.
- Clear tech SEO RQs to development teams resulting in smooth release
- Submit regular site audits to CMO and teams
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Artche Harrowell at NST Recruitment/(see below)