Adult Safeguarding and Risk Manager (PSW)
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Worker to work as an Adult Safeguarding and Risk Manager within the Adult Safeguarding Service. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join this fast paced team.
The primary purpose of this role is to support practitioners in adult social services to work together effectively to safeguard adults. This is achieved through:
- Providing support and guidance around allegations against people in positions of trust.
- Promoting effective multi-disciplinary working together between agencies through support and challenge to partners.
- Leading on the implementation of making safeguarding personal
- Use and promote evidence based practice to respond to the needs of adults at risk of neglect and abuse.
- Work with providers in raising the understanding of safeguarding processes.
- Champion best practice, supporting others through mentoring, coaching and training.
- Ensure that Adults have a voice and that their views and feelings are considered when decisions are being made.
The role will include providing support and guidance on adult safeguarding matters and the successful candidate will have will have an in-depth knowledge of adult safeguarding practices and legislation and be able to evidence a successful track record with demonstrable outcomes and achievements. You will also have a clear enthusiasm for continuous improvement. For an informal discussion please contact Sandy Williams , Service Manager Adult Safeguarding
This position will be subject to an enhanced criminal record disclosure check.
Cornwall Council is committed to safeguarding and is an equal opportunities employer.