Standard Verifiers NVQ and Apprenticeships - Optometry Services/Dispensing
Standard Verifiers NVQ and Apprenticeships
We are currently recruiting for Standards Verifiers for our Optometry Services/ Dispensing sector.
Purpose of the role:
Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for QCF competence-based qualifications within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to affirm that national occupational standards have been achieved and upheld. Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process. Direct centres in the delivery of QCF competence-based qualifications towards the achievement of national occupational standards.
Applicants must have significant experience of delivering and assessing NVQs at level 1-3 and also BTEC level 4-6. hold D32/D33 or A1 qualifications, and hold/be working towards the V1 or the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
A good working knowledge of the relevant specifications, and evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications are also required.
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national occupational standards
- Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Edexcel on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached and support provided
- To recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national occupational standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national occupational standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Report back to Edexcel and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of Technical professional in relation to this role
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.