Trainer & Client Manager
Established in 1985, Challenge Consultancy delivers training and consultancy on equality, diversity and inclusion issues for a wide a range of charity, public and private sector organisations.
Training courses, programmes, workshops and consultancy are delivered by our training team led by Challenge's Director, Femi Otitoju, and comprises of our Training Manager, our permanent Trainer & Client Managers and a diverse range of Associate Trainers. The operational delivery, business development and courses review is undertaken by a small office based core team.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced trainer to join our growing team. The role combines direct training delivery (approx. 2 days a week) with course material development, client management and new client development.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver a range of Challenge training courses to the high quality and standard expected.
- Ensure all existing training materials are up-to-date, creative and interactive and meet the Challenge consistency and standard.
- Ensure high quality preparation prior to the training, including knowledge of client, their requirements and expectations, previous relationships and training.
- Responsibility for planning your time, timely arrival at the venue, positive interaction with the client, ensuring evaluation forms are completed and returned in a timely manner to the office team.
- Develop new training materials as required, ensuring they meet the course objectives and Challenge standards of creativity and innovation.
- Work with the Training Manager, to support other in-house and Associate Trainers with training materials and client information.
- Contribute to the development of new courses including horizon scanning for new up-and-coming opportunities for Challenge.
- Manage a client caseload, supporting course development, building positive relationships, delivering required training and other services and working with the client to propose new courses or solutions to organisational challenges.
- Be flexible and pro-active in identifying potential client issues (e.g. from evaluation reports, phone calls etc) and manage as appropriate.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify new client opportunities, write high quality proposals and provide information for client enquiries and attend interviews to bid and win work, as required.
- Identify new areas for expansion and lead, as required, on meeting clients to discuss new business, follow up in a timely manner and generate income.
Please download and complete an application form if you are interested in applying for this role; CVs will not be accepted.