Supervising Social Worker - low case load
- Full Time
A well regarded fostering provider are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their East London based team. You will be responsible for supporting a low carer case load across East London - this role offers a good work / life balance.
Over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- A DipSW or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Fostering placement or prior fostering social work experience (essential)
Some flexible working may be needed in order to attend emergencies or to participate in the duty rota.
You do NOT need to be a car driver for this role.
This role is suitable for a recent graduate with fostering placement experience
Salary is GBP29,000 - GBP30,000, experience dependent + OOH allowance of GBP100 every 6 weeks
For further information, a job description and a confidential chat around the role, please contact Harriet Connolly in confidence on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.