Salary range: between GBP44,544 and GBP49,199
Pay details: L6-L10
Start date: 1st Jan 2018
Westfield Community Primary School is seeking to appoint a dynamic Deputy Headteacher to join a team that is utterly committed to providing the best possible outcomes for its children. We are a vibrant and exciting school where children and staff thrive, where every member of the school community is valued and where innovation, initiative and creativity are encouraged. Our vision of "Achieve, Believe, Create" drives us to be ambitious for all the children at our school. We have set ourselves a challenge of working towards Outstanding at our next Ofsted inspection and therefore we are looking for a leader who, like us, recognises that each child is an unique individual and is therefore committed to:-
- Ensuring high achievement of all pupils regardless of their starting point.
- Being approachable by children, staff, parents and the local community.
- Effectively communicating the strategic vision of the school both internally to the children/staff and externally to the parents/local community.
- Help each child develop academically, socially and emotionally, enabling them to face any challenges that may lie ahead.
- Openly encouraging the independence and resilience of our children.
At Westfield we have:-
- Fantastic children who love the school and love to learn.
- Dedicated staff who are already committed to ensuring each child reaches their full potential.
- A happy, safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Excellent site management with well-maintained facilities.
- High standards of behaviour at all times.
- The chance for the successful candidate to bring their skills and expertise to positively enhance what Westfield has achieved so far.
As a school we offer the following benefits:
- Access to personalised professional development
- A creative and hard-working staff, who have a strong sense of commitment to the school, its vision and its children
- The opportunity to be part of a driven leadership team
- Excellent leadership development opportunities
If you feel that you are the person that we are looking for we would be delighted to hear from you. Potential applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school. Please contact the school office, by Telephone: to make an appointment or request an application pack. Alternatively, download an application pack from our website via the button below.
Applications close: Midday 2nd October 2017
Short listing: 3rd October 2017
Interviews: 10th October
Westfield Community Primary School is committed to protecting children from maltreatment, preventing impairment of children's health and/or development, ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Westfield CP School is a one form entry Primary School for 210 pupils. Our children are well behaved, happy and ready to learn. Our staff are welcoming, committed and ensure each pupil reaches their full potential. The Governing Body take an active part in school life. Ofsted rated us 'Good' in June 2015. Visits to Westfield are warmly welcomed.
For more information and to apply online visit our website.