Learning Support Assistant
Name of Co-Heacteachers: Mr Andy Stainton
Salary: NJC Scale 3 Full Time Salary GBP18,632 paid pro rata for hours/weeks
Annual Salary GBP16,410
Hours: 39 weeks / 36 hours per week
Kingsbury High is a large, split site, over-subscribed 11-18, mixed, multi-ethnic school. We are located in an attractive suburban location surrounded by parkland with excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London and fringe areas.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join the Total Communication Resources department at Kingsbury High School, whose work is to promote full and independent access to the curriculum for students who have a hearing loss and need the use of sign language. You will provide in-class support to subject teachers in a variety of settings including one to one support.
A Stage II BSL certificate is required training for this role.
- You will have experience of working with children or young people with a variety of learning and medical needs.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in using computers and technology.
- You must have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills and be flexible in your approach.
- You must have the ability to relate to young people.
- A suitable qualification and/or experience is desirable.
The appointee will be required to complete a six-month period of probation.
Please email for an application pack via the button below.
Closing Date: 9.00 am Thursday 28 September 2017
Start Date: Immediate
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and the appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, medical and an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
Kingsbury High is a converter Academy committed to national terms and conditions for teaching staff, local NJC terms for support staff and, as an Equal Opportunities employer, welcomes applications from all sections of the community.