Bevern View, Barcombe, near Lewes, BN8 5FJ
37.5 hours per week
Starting salary from GBP23,000
The Deputy Manager role is integral in ensuring that our complex and disabled young adults receive the very best care and opportunities. The role will be split between three office working shifts and two shifts working as a Shift Manager on the floor. The post holder will assist the Registered Manager and deputise the Registered Manager in their absence. As a home striving for improvement, we will expect the Deputy Manager to have a full understanding of CQC requirements and to work to our strategic improvement plan. When working on shift the Deputy Manager will oversee a team of Support staff on shift, ensuring that our residents requirements are met.
- Have good management and organisational skills
- Understanding of CQC KLOE's
- Applicants must hold a level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care
- Have at least a years' experience working in a Management Support role
- Deemed competent in administering medication
- To support the Registered Manager in managing the home and stand in for him/her when absent
- To share the line management of the Support Team with the Registered Manager
- Teach, monitor and update staff in the best practice of care procedures
- Monitor and meet the changing needs of the residents
- Oversee the team working on shift so that all resident health issues are well managed and person centred plans are effectively delivered
- Maintain the performance of the support staff with supervisions
- Cover night shifts as required and complete all on-call duties
- Dispense medication and ensure that all administrative procedures are followed and documented
- Ensure health issues arising with residents are communicated to the Clinical Advisor
- As part of you role you will be expected to lead by example and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Communicate clearly with residents, colleagues, parents and visitors
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The Bevern Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.