Project Finance Manager
Exciting opportunity for a Qualified finance professional to join a PLC business based permanent on the North East Coast as Project Finance Manager.
Playing a key role in the delivery of large scale, multi-million pound projects, the Project Finance Manager will act as the link between the Project Delivery and Finance teams.
It's a role that requires excellent analytical skills and the ability to influence stakeholders effectively in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
The challenge in this opportunity is varied and interesting with the Project Finance Manager being integral to the successful delivery of a high profile initiative. You will deliver the timely implementation of new systems and processes in order to establish a framework of robust financial control, and work closely with finance and non-finance colleagues to support commercial and strategic decision making processes in line with project delivery and cost control considerations.
Responsibilities of the Project Accountant include:
- Monthly review of project specific transactions and analysis of incurred over and under spend
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Monthly forecast review and provision of insightful commentary to explain variance
- Working closely with Project Managers and Directors to interpret periodic project progress against forecast and budget
- Anticipate, identify and track the financial impact of risk and opportunities
- Closely Supporting Procurement processes to ensure efficient and fair payment to suppliers and vendors
- Continuous development and implementation of new Project control processes and reporting requirements
- Delivery of the annual budget preparation process
The business is looking for an ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified individual who is likely to have sector experience that includes large scale construction projects, infrastructure development or large scale engineering.
The role requires an individual that is well versed in developing highly effective working relationships in a matrix environment and who can bring together different factions with vested interests in a common goal. Additional experience that will be valued highly includes an in depth understanding of project reporting and project cost control, and previous exposure to project management principles.
On offer is an attractive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to play a key part in the delivery of an exciting, high profile and significant project.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.