Social Care Workers / Guernsey
Social Care Workers required for services supporting adults with disabilities on the Channel Island of Guernsey. This challenging and rewarding post involves working with Adults with physical and intellectual disabilities. To role entails teaching, supporting and enabling clients to attain skills that maximise their individual potential intellectually, socially and emotionally.
This is a unique opportunity to gain practical work experience in the popular tourist location with convenient travel options to the UK and Europe with an excellent remuneration package on offer.
- Generous starting salary of GBP22,414 p.a
- Additional shift premia payments
- Bonus payable on an annual basis
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Subsidised Accommodation
- Flight and relocation costs
- Induction and training programme
- To undertake the role of life plan worker and supported by senior staff ensure care plans are developed, implemented and evaluated.
- To prepare life plan documentation in consultation with the service user, other key people in their life and senior staff, and participate in life plan meetings.
- To promote the well-being and general health of service users.
- To provide and assist service users, as stated in their care plan in all aspects of their personal care needs as required by their condition, culture and wishes, with sensitivity, respect and dignity.
- To assist and support, where appropriate the involvement and contact of parents, relatives and friends of the service user.
- To speak on behalf of service users, put forward professional views and present verbal and written reports as required.
- Offer support, advice and encouragement to service users.
- To encourage and support service users to enjoy ordinary valued social pastimes at home and in the community.
- To have access to petty cash funds, ensuring monies are spent in accordance with prescribed limits and for what purposes it may be used, recording all expenditure as directed by senior staff.
- To participate in the cleaning and maintenance of the fabric of the home, reporting any damage or repairs, assisting and supporting service users in caring for their home.
- To participate in the administration of medication and recording in accordance with the Service Medication Policy, this to include the ordering of medication.
- Degree in Applied Social Studies in Social Care (Ordinary and Honours levels both accepted)(Fetac level 5 in disabilties also accepted)
- Previous experience working with disability services in a work placement or employed capacity
- Desirable to have experience from a disability support service
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Computer, literacy and administration skills
- Full Driving Licence or future test booking
For an immediate interview please forward a copy of your CV to [... Click Apply...]
For more information please contact Alan on [... Click Apply...]