Consultant Social Worker - Child in Need
Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Suffolk in recruiting for an experienced and qualified social worker to act as a consultant social worker for children and young people aged 0 - 19. This role is full time, monday to friday 37 hours per week.
Consultant Social Worker required for CYP 0 - 19 Coastal North Social Care Team.
Position involves -
Providing statutory Social Care services to "Children in Need", children subject to Child Protection Plans, Children "Looked After" and liaison with Early Help services to ensure the safety, well-being and learning of children and young people.
To undertake qualitative Assessments to identify need and risk and develop SMART plans within required timescales. To progress court applications as required.
• Ability to effectively apply solution focused approaches to deliver successful outcomes.
• Ability to clarify risks and concerns and focus on solutions to create a climate in which change can happen.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance as appropriate to role
• Ability to recognise and act on Child Protection and risk issues and escalate as appropriate..
• Ability to use a range of assessment frameworks
• In depth knowledge of the social and emotional factors that affect a child's capacity to learn and develop.
• Understanding the diverse range of needs of clients and backgrounds.
Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to:
• Engage effectively with a range of audiences including professional stakeholders.
• Negotiate, influence and mediate to achieve positive outcomes and support and motivate children, young people and families.
• Effectively manage challenging or sensitive situations and provide appropriate advice and facilitation to de-escalate.
• Proven ability to make constructive contribution to meetings and negotiate with a range of stakeholders, settings and contexts.
• Sensitivity to disability, sexuality, gender and ethnicity issues.
• Ability to keep accurate and timely records and compile reports in a variety of formats, using appropriate IT.
• Relevant experience of working directly with children, young people and their families, as relevant to the specific client groups to include Child in Need and Child Protection.
• Experience of collaborative work with families.
• Experience of working with children and families where there have been safeguarding concerns
• Experience of producing qualitative assessments
• Proven commitment to finding solutions, planning and developing interventions with families, using an evidence-based approach.
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Chloe Prior on ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to