Our client, a leading biomedical research and service organisation, has a new opportunity for an experienced research surgeon to join their surgical service department in Middlesex. This company can offer you the opportunity to contribute towards the development of new products and surgical techniques within its recently refurbished laboratories.
- BSc in biosciences with relevant research industry experience
- Home Office Modules 1-4
- Experience in a range of surgical techniques
- Mixed species experience, in particular large animals
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform macro and micro surgeries, monitoring patient anaesthesia and delivering perioperative care.
- Conduct necropsies and use of dissecting microscope
- Plan and deliver experiments independently, carry out research on publications and lead a team through the surgical phase.
- Routine involvement with conducting complex studies at design and execution stages.
- Offer leadership in assigned areas, providing written instructions/protocols.
- Mentor and train staff in general lab testing in addition to instrumentation training.
- Work with clients to deliver results, project updates, deliverables and report any technical issues.
- Contribution towards process improvement and review of lab worksheets/documentation.
- Basic animal handling and daily health and welfare checks.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.