3rd Line Engineer - MSP Hemel
My client is a burgeoning Managed Service Provider in Hemel, offering a first class service to an established client base that is set for a further sustained period of growth. The best roles in technology are the ones where the business model is changing and continually evolving meaning that the technology has to mutate with that to propel it to the next level. They now seek a seasoned Windows Wintel orientated 3rd Line Engineer as part of this growth.
The 3rd Line Engineer - Systems Administrator is responsible for providing 3rd line expertise for their areas of specialisation and fulfilling the role of Subject Matter Expert. The Infrastructure specialist is responsible for core infrastructure technologies such as physical Servers, server operating systems, storage systems and Active Directory.
Additionally, will involve helping develop the company's technical solutions and working with the Solution Architects and the wider Engineering team to define, develop, test and document the services the company will sell to and manage for clients. Having developed the solutions the 3rdLine Engineer will assist in training the Service Desk 1st and 2nd Line teams and the Operations team to manage and provide technical support for the solutions.
- Fulfilling the role of Subject Matter Expert for all assigned technologies
- Provide Wintel 3rd Line Systems Administration, Projects and Support to expert level.
- Implementing the projects and services required by clients and providing the client with the solutions promised
- Participating in Problem Management activities to determine root causes of incidents and developing work-around and permanent resolutions
- Participating in Change Management activities to ensure change requests are fulfilled according to company guidelines
- Participating in Knowledge Base management to ensure the accuracy and relevance of submitted articles
- Assisting 1st and 2nd line Service Desk teams with incident diagnosis and fault resolution
- Augmenting the Service Desk team as required
- Communicating with users as required, keeping them informed of incident progress,notifying them of impending changes and service outages
- Providing comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing environments and project implementations to improve support team knowledge and the enduser experience
- To be proactive, innovative and to take clear ownership for your areas of responsibility.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
On full spec. to be provided to any suitable candidates
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The 3rd Line Engineer must have a minimum of five years' experience working in a 3rd Line capacity and should ideally hold at least two Microsoft MCP or MCTS certifications and ideally be certified in one or more of the following: Cisco CCNA, SonicWALL CSSA or Master CSSA, Citrix CCAA, CCEE or CCIA, VMware VCP, HP ProLiant Servers, ITIL v3 Foundation.
The 3rd Line Engineer must have strong 3rd Line expertise/knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2
- Active Directory (installation, administration, support and replication)
- Group Policy
- Networking, including DNS, DHCP
- SAN and iSCSI
- HP ProLiant Tower, Rack and Bladeservers
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
It is desirable the 3rd Line Engineer will also have experience in:
- Exchange Server 2010 or 2013
- SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 or 2014
- Windows 7 and 10
- WDS and MDT
- SQL Development
- SQL Reporting
- Scripting, including PowerShell and VBScript
It is essential the 3rd Line Engineer is able to multi-task and have excellent organisational awareness.
If you are a Windows orientated 3rd Line Engineer with excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and a strong sense of organisational awareness we would be very keen to hear from you.
3rd Line Engineer Windows Systems Administrator