New Product Development Technologist - Medical Foam
Our client is a major European group with global leadership in their specialist markets. With a reputation for quality, technical excellence, innovation and service, the group employs over 48,000 people worldwide delivering a diverse range of innovative technological solutions.
This exciting opening presents a unique opportunity to join an established leader in the hydrophilic wound care sector and assume a very visible role in the introduction of new technologies and the development of a global product portfolio.
- Part of a small development team responsible for technical aspects of new product development opportunities within the medical foam business.
- Initiate, design and manage NPD production trials and laboratory evaluation both internally and with specialist sub-contractors.
- Work with the European sales team, key suppliers and customers to develop raw materials, formulations and product specifications that safeguard the long term future of advanced wound care products.
- Horizon scanning to maintain an awareness of emerging legislative and regulatory issues and their potential impact on the business.
- Represent the medical foam business at trade fairs and conferences as required.
- Prepare technical reports and document development work.
- Minimum B.Sc. or equivalent in Polymer Science, Materials Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Industrial experience of technical product development within a manufacturing environment. Specific experience gained in Polyurethane would be of special interest.
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment.
- A good level of software literacy will be required.