Adult Social Worker - Hospital Assessment Team Broomfield Hospital
Social Worker - Hospital Assessment Team
Salary from GBP30,000- GBP35,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time Contract
This vacancy cannot accommodate newly qualified social workers.
If shortlisted, interviews have been provisionally booked for
3rd October 2017
This is your opportunity to be the Social Worker you want to be. You became a social worker to help change lives for the better. By following the Care Act and promoting Good Lives you can make a difference in changing the life for our vulnerable adults. It's about having the time to really get to know your service users and understand the issues they face, and the autonomy to deliver creatively tailored solutions.
By assessing the individual's needs you can discuss options available to ensure the customer feels supported and valued. Adult Operations truly believe in their value statement "Helping People to Help Themselves by Making Personalisation Real".
Essex County Council has an award winning training academy to support with your continued learning which allows you to further your career whether that be into a more senior role or remain front line with additional learning opportunities of becoming a Practice Educator, Approved Mental Health Professional Specialist (AMPH) or Best Interest Assessor.
Hospital Assessment Team (HAT)
We are a social work service based within a hospital, working with patients that are admitted to hospital, as well as their families and carers. Join us, and, together, we'll deliver social care as it should be. Here, you'll have the time to assess, plan and support service users to cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems. Ultimately, you'll share our focus to help service users to maintain their independence and to live as normal a life as possible in the community. This will mean working in partnership with health staff on social matters that may affect present and future health. You'll also have our full support in completing safeguarding investigations and continuing healthcare assessments. It's all about working as part of a multidisciplinary team, and you will draw upon domiciliary, day and residential services to support service users on discharge from hospital.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Diploma / Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent or Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B.Sc. O.T. or other professional qualification recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists HCPC registered
- Case load management in line with the Care Act
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage your own time
- Ability to engage and influence with multiple agencies
- Passionate and driven to support your own continuing personal development (CPD)
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Relocation package (up to GBP8,000) where agreed
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number will cost 7 pence per minute plus your telephone company's access charge