Offline CAD/ CAM Programmer
Offline CAD/CAM programmer required for immediate start.
Job overview - Producing programs for CNC Milling / Turning machines utilising 3,4 5th axis capability. Working directly with both Manufacturing and Inspection Managers to optimize methods of manufacture.
Duties and Responsibilities although not exhaustive:
- Creating programs for both CNC Milling and CNC Turning machines.
- Program utilising 3, 4 and 5 axis programming.
- Create both Job set up sheets and Tool set up sheets from CAD System.
- Design of fixturing required for manufacture utilising CAD Model data.
- Liaise with both Manufacturing Manager and Inspection Manger regarding method of manufacture.
- Update and maintain internal CAD/CAM system tool library in line with latest tooling technology
- Verify all part programs using internal CAD/CAM Verification software prior to releasing programs for manufacture.
- Cycle times for part programs to be generated in line with commercial expectations.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience of using EdgeCam software (minimum of 2 years)
- Strong knowledge of both CNC Turning and Milling manufacturing techniques
- Experience of working within a CNC manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of machining aerospace materials including Aluminium, Titanium Stainless Steels and Heat Resistant Alloys.
- Knowledge of Solidworks CAD design.
- Knowledge of FANUC programming.
4.5 days per week Mon-Friday. Half day Friday
GBP35k - GBP45k per annum. Money paid weekly
28 days holiday per annum
To apply for this position please click here........