Children's Palliative Care Nurse
Up to GBP34,500 per annum
Pulse has a unique and challenging Band 5 opportunity for a nurse with a minimum of 1 years experience caring for paediatric patients.
Based within a hospice in London the nurse will work alongside an existing passionate team of nurses to deliver a palliative care service to patients - some with complex care needs. This hospice offers a specialist service offering planned and unplanned respite care.
This is a great working environment and with great emphasis placed on positivity. Applicants will be impressed with the size of the rooms, which are bright and all lead out to the garden. There's also a hydrotherapy pool for patients to relax in addition to a dedicated music room.
This could be to provide end of life care to patients, however some patients are also admitted on a short-term basis so families can re-charge or if a main carer has gone on leave.
This is a hospice within private rooms for all that does receive some ventilated patients therefore, it is vital that the successful candidate is either confident in caring for complex care paediatric patients or willing to receiving training.
Salaries are up to GBP34,500 per annum + benefits.
The nurse's role will involve:
- Assessing, implementing and evaluating plans of care
- Provide end of life care - carefully monitoring patients where required
- Providing care for ventilated patients
- Administration of medication - symptom control
- Provide pre and post bereavement support to patients friends and family
- Assist and support the Manager where required
For more information about this role please do drop Jasmin a call on or email