Senior Finance Business Partner - Head of Motor Division
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Senior Finance Business Partner
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance department at Direct Line Group as a Senior Finance Business Partner specifically covering our Motor Division. This is a permanent opportunity based from our head office in Bromley.
Business Partnering is about supporting the business to raise standards across all decision areas. We take a forward-looking, commercial and value focussed approach to assist in the articulation of options and the optimisation of financial outcomes.
Essentially we're general managers with a strong numerical bent. We tend to be accountants, but are rarely involved in technical accounting issues and welcome the skill sets that can be developed in many other environments. Strong commercial and stakeholder skills, and the energy and engagement to influence the debate are the key attributes of a great Business Partner.
You will provide Financial Business Partnering and Analytical support to the Motor Commercial Director and their leadership team. Managing analytical resource and engage with MI owners to create or obtain the necessary information to guide and challenge the business teams, ensuring alignment of their decision making with financial objectives, long term value maximisation and strategic priorities.
What being a Senior Finance BP involves
- You will play an proactive role within the Category executive teams, ensuring that trading/marketing mix/investment decisions are aligned to financial objectives, long term value maximisation and strategic priorities
- Synthesise and present business financial performance to Category Executive team and other category governance bodies. Reporting of the same to Exco and Board through established reporting channels
- Active member of Motor's Loss Ratio and Manufacturing Committees, assisting the business with analysis, reporting and understanding of multiple factors which underpin and support the loss ratio
- Ownership and responsibility for Motor's and 'Run Off's budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring that business forecasts and budgets accurately reflect the true expectation of expected financial and operational outcomes. Challenge and support the business in equal measure
- Offer financial partnering and investment appraisal expertise to support Category project teams, particularly with respect to investment opportunities, partnership tenders and cost and benefit tracking
- Manage and develop a team of qualified and part qualified accountants
- Work with the other Personal Lines (PL) Business Partners to ensure that PL business requirements are prioritised appropriately, and that the Motor business receives the right analytical support in that context
Skills we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong Insurance knowledge - internal and market environment
- Commercial acumen applied across the marketing mix
- Risk identification and management
- Strong ability to interpret financial information and deploy it effectively across the organisation
- Interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong relationships