End User Services Manager
End User Services Manager - Global Luxury Retail - West London - Up to GBP85K + Bonus + Benefits
My client a prestigious luxury retail organisation based in West London are looking for an End User Services Manager to be responsible for ensuring that users across all functions of my clients business can work effectively and continuously by ensuring adequate monitoring and alerting across IT Services; the provision of an IT Service Desk; the provision of desktop, mobile and workplace IT services aligned with business needs and expectations.
The End User Services Manager holds a position of seniority and must lead by example in terms of customer obsession, service excellence, decision-making and team behavioural mentoring.
The role has two distinct responsibilities:
- Hands-on leadership and management to the IT Service Desk, Front Office, Monitoring, Asset and Configuration Management teams and our associated IT partners to ensure that effective IT service and support is being delivered
- Principal IT service relationship point of contact for the end user community, circa 4000 users in total spread throughout the UK.
The role requires technical skill plus internal people and process management to ensure that IT Service Desk and 2nd line hardware/software IT incidents and service requests are being efficiently resolved, with an emphasis on creating a proactive and continually improving environment. It is also critical to the success of the role that good relationships are built with key business stakeholders to align service to business needs and to create a framework for sharing performance reporting and demonstrating service improvement to these stakeholders and senior IT management.
- Working experience as a manager in an IT customer services oriented role, including
- Combination of hands-on and supervisory responsibility
- Understanding of retail IT operations and technology
- Encompassing 24x7 operations
- Knowledge and/or working experience of ITIL based service management and operational support, disciplines, including
- Event Monitoring, measurement and management
- IT Service Desk
- Asset and Configuration management
- Incident, problem and change management
- Continuous Service Improvement (CSI)
- Knowledge and/or a proven record of active participation, the delivery of the following specific types of end-user experience improvement-related projects:
- End user services and/or desktop transformation and consolidation;
- Migration and implementation of client's key end-user platforms, such as client OS solutions, eg migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, productivity solutions, eg MS Office upgrades, and email solutions);
- Migration and virtualization of an end user computing environment.
- Technical management of end user computing devices
- Knowledge and/or working experience of all matters (ie installation, configuration, administration) related to End User Computing technologies, including:
- Desktop, virtual desktop, Terminal Servers, Thin Client, and end user mobile computing (technologies, architecture and solutions);
- Broad infrastructure technology concepts around software, hardware, networking, printing, data management, security, applications and end user interfaces.
- Experience around Windows OS, MAC OS X, Windows Terminal Server, MS Office, Windows Server 2008/2012 and VMware toolsets (vCentre and View/Horizon)
- Active Directory, Desktop/Application Management (SCCM and AppV), JAMF Casper and AppSense
- Cloud computing services including Office365 and collaboration technologies.
- Good understanding of ITIL and ITSM tools (ServiceNow would be advantageous)
- Good understanding of Asset and Configuration management and associated discovery tools would be advantageous
Please apply for more information on the End User Services Manager position based in West London.