Firmware Engineer (C++ and Python)
Enigma People Solutions has an immediate vacancy for a Firmware Engineer for an outstanding Livingston based, market leading client focused on the R&D and manufacture of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centers.
Working as part of the Firmware team, you will be working on the design and implementation of Embedded software for optical transceivers. Other responsibilities will include design, development and debugging of system test software.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Solid programming experience in C, C++
- Firmware development on Microcontrollers
- Instrumentation control protocols: TCP/IP, GPIB, I2C
- Experience with product test automation.
- Database familiarity: SQL, XML
- Adequate knowledge of reading circuit schematics
- Familiarity with software version & defect tracking tools
- Data communications industry experience
- Experience of Analog & Digital design
- Production manufacturing experience