Programme Manager, Centre for Economic Innovation
How can cutting edge academic analysis be tailored and presented in the best way possible to help policy makers and business leaders deliver the urgent transition to a more sustainable economy? We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the passion and ability to play a key development role in a new project seeking to answer this question
This role will be part of the policy team at the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability, which works at the European and international levels to deliver influential projects that include The Prince of Wales's Corporate Leaders Group and the Green Growth Platform . The Centre for Economic Innovation is a new project to secure better links between academic insights in Cambridge and the questions that business and policy makers are focussed on, specifically with relation to addressing climate change and improving sustainability. The Centre will seek to translate academic research for the use of CISL's policy and business networks and use policy and business challenges to trigger relevant research.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help develop, deliver and grow the new centre, whilst also supporting the wider work of the policy team. You will help identify key academic links in the university and help develop project briefs in line with policy and business need. You will also contribute to strategy development, manage and develop projects, work with senior contacts (including academic experts, policy makers and business leaders) and help with the commissioning and editing of key thought leadership content. All of this will support our mission to bring academic insight to business leaders and policy makers to help secure a sustainable, zero carbon economy.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Ability to think strategically
- Understanding of how national and international policy is made and influenced
- Understanding of sustainability issues and how they affect leadership in a business context
- Good analytical skills with high standard of attention to detail
- Confident facilitator and excellent communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to make complex content accessible to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of working in a fast-paced pressured environment as part of a project team
- Strong project management skills, including financial planning, with experience of developing , maintaining and delivering against budgets
- Ability to work on own initiative, be flexible and manage competing priorities, and to manage others in that context
- Qualification to at least degree level
The following attributes are desirable:
- Understanding of academic institutions
- Understanding of business sectors
- Experience of engaging in policy development
- Relevant higher degree
To submit an application please visit the University's Job Opportunities pages (academic-related) by using the 'Visit Website' button provided.
This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
The closing date for applications is 3 October 2017.